Archive for January, 2010
Plans are progressing nicely for our first event of 2010. As previously announced, it’s on Wednesday March 3 at the Children’s Museum in Kitchener. We’re close to finalizing the list of speakers and topics for their talks. Just to whet your appetites, here’s an initial list of 8 out of 16 speakers. More details to come!
- Renjie Butalid — Myth-conceptions of Dubai and Abu Dhabi
- Sunshine Chen — Fort Mac and The ‘Loo… A Tale of Two Cities
- Peter Huang — Geek Music
- Vince Jelenic — Community, Cliques & Scenes
- Angela Pause — The Evolution of Sex
- Cahill Puil — Micro-Finance
- Tom Skazinski — Computing project that advocates a paradigm shift in social change.
- Erica Waugh — In a Roundabout Way
Registration is now open. Sign up and join the fun.
Update: While the exact times are still being determined, the schedule will be similar to our first event.
It’s been a little quite here in recent weeks, certainly in comparison to the activity around our first event. The cone of silence is now coming off, though, and we’re pleased to announce that Ignite Waterloo #2 is happening on March 3. Once again, it will be at The Children’s Museum in Kitchener. Details on speakers, registration, and other meaningful news will emerge soon, but for now mark that date in your calendar and let people know that we’ll be back soon!
Update: I should have mentioned that our local event is part of Global Ignite Week, which includes Ignite events around the world. How cool is that?